The activities of ARZ or the Association for Revival of Zoroastrianism, are inspired by the teachings of the Holy prophet Asho Zarathushtra which are universal in nature and are without any discrimination of caste, creed, colour, religion, community, gender, marital status, etc.
ARZ works for the truly universal “cause of Zoroastrianism"
- the cause is for all human acts to be performed in conformity with righteousness, and righteous duty (that is, dharma) for all mankind,
- the cause is to fight for gender equality and to ultimately eliminate the discrimination against women,
- the cause is to eliminate the discrimination against inter-married persons,
- the cause is to eliminate the discrimination against the families and children of inter-married persons,
- the cause is to emphasize that Ahura Mazda (God) does not discriminate between persons of different castes, creeds, and ethnicities,
- the cause is also to emphasize that racism is wrong and must be done away with completely,
- the cause is to try to eliminate the discrimination that is meted out to people other than "Parsis" by certain "Parsis" in the name of religion,
- the cause is to educate people that discrimination on the basis of caste, or creed is in violation of the Constitution of India,
- the cause is to provide a family to the destitute and abandoned children of any caste, race, creed, community, religion or ethnicity, by encouraging Adoption of such children,
- the cause is to educate people generally that no religion of the world can be against the noble act of Adoption,
- the cause is to constantly build good human beings by bringing about reforms in the society at large based on the teachings of Lord Zarathushtra,
- the cause is to work for the spiritual upliftment of mankind, and to bring about a change in the constantly deteriorating moral values, and thereby to bring about peace in this world and make this world noble,
- the cause is to provide value education to the masses by organizing lectures and. by conducting Press awareness campaigns with the purpose of getting rid of illogical and /or superstitious beliefs followed by people in the name of religion, AND thereby making this world a better place to live by encouraging fraternalism and kinship between various communities, castes, creed and religions which is so very essential in today's times,
- the cause is to build moral patriotic citizens of Mother India.
All the above activities are surely inspired by the teachings of the Holy Prophet Asho Zarathushtra, but the activities are not limited to "Parsis" or "Zoroastrians".
On the contrary, ARZ is trying to educate the so called orthodox Parsis that the policy of discrimination against people of other religions, castes and communities as is being presently followed by them is wrong, and is contrary to the teachings of Lord Zarathushtra.
It is ARZ's endeavour to bring about the much needed reforms in the community by educating them that all human beings are equal in the eyes of God and therefore there is no scope for any discrimination on the basis of caste, community, religion, creed, colour, gender, marital status, etc. in the teachings of Prophet Zarathushtra.
The activities of ARZ can be likened to the activities of
- the Ramakrishna mission
- the Arya Samaj
- the Missionaries of Charity (of Late Mother Teresa)
The activities of the Ramakrishna Mission are inspired by the teachings of Swami Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Swami Vivekanand, which are meant for all mankind and are non discriminatory.
The activities of the Arya Samaj are for all mankind and also non-discriminatory and are to bring about the much needed reforms in the Hindu Society, and is inspired by the liberal Hindu thought process initiated by Maharishi Swami Dayanand Saraswati.
The activities of the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa are for all mankind and are inspired by the true teachings of Lord Jesus, without any discrimination.
Similarly the activities of ARZ are for all mankind and are inspired by the true teachings of Prophet Zarathushtra which are non discriminatory as has been more pat1icularly explained in the preceding paragraphs.
Moreover ARZ is always prepared to start any activity that will be beneficial to the society in general. ARZ therefore appeals to people to be a partner in these noble causes by donating whatever they can.